Learn with Youtube video –
Platform independent programming language.
It Promises WORA (write once, run anywhere)
Comparing Java to other programming languages in terms of its level, orientation, and platform independence:
- Easily understandable by humans 💡
- Structured programming focus is on ‘what task to do’, While In object oriented we focus on ‘by whom task will be done’. 💡
- Object oriented programming allows us apply real world concepts like inheritance, which structured doesn’t. 💡
- Java uses it’s virtual machine(JVM) to run codes, this virtual machine is installed in every OS (Windows/linux/Mac), means it depends upon it’s own virtual machine rather than other OS, that’s why it’s called platform independent. 💡
- Other programming language generates OS specific codes (.exe for windows) which can’t be run on other OS, that’s why they are called platform dependent languages. 💡
Interview Questions —
- What is major difference between high level and low level languages?
- What is 2 major difference between structured programming and object oriented programming?
- Is JVM platform independent ?