Cache is a temporary data which is used to speed up the performance.
Types of caching in hibernate-
1-Session Cache/First level cache in hibernate-
- First level cache is enabled by default.
- First level cache can’t be disabled.
- Objects are retrieved from current session..
2- SessionFactory Cache/Second level cache in hibernate-
- Second level cache is disabled by default.
- Second level cache is configured to use.
- Objects can be retrieved from various sessions.
Extra-Query Level cache in hibernate-
- Query Cache is used to cache the results of a query.